There is tons of information on SharePoint 2010 requirement for developer. To sum them up, you need 64 bits machine or virtual machine…
For Standalone Development Environment with built in database, the following is sufficient to get you off the ground.
- 64 Bit CPU, at least 2 cores
- 4 GB RAM
- 80 GB Hard disk space
- Windows 2008 R2, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (All OS must be 64bit)
- Web Server (IIS) role
- Application Server role
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1
- SQL Server 2008 Express with SP1
- Windows PowerShell 2.0
- SQL Server 2008 Native Client
- A hotfix for the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 that provides a method to support token authentication without transport security or message encryption in WCF.
For my own development environment,.
I am using VirtualBox (Free download here) to load the 64 bit OS on my host. I have setup a virtual machine (.VHD) with all the spec listed as above...
I won’t go into step by step installation… you can read it here. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sharepoint/SharePoint_Server_2010.aspx
For more details of the Hardware and software requirements, please visit the following site.
SharePoint Foundation 2010 on Windows 7
Follow the instructions from this link